virtual machine? Xampp?

Archived from the Xataface Developers forum.

zopemgr — Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:54 am

Dataface sounds Great! The whole thing is a cool concept.

I was trying to play with it - under xampp, on a windows box.

But, even though it recognized the install - http://localhost/xampp/dataface/dataface_info.php told me it was installed correctly - I couldn’t get makesite to work.

Would it be at all possible to give directions on using xampp on a windows platform, or, as a alternative, make a virtualmachine available? Bugzilla has one available which is a great way to try/test without getting into installation difficulties.

Rob


shannah — Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:54 am

Hi Rob,

I guess you didn’t get my email when I replied to this.

…
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the email. Can you give some details on the difficulties that you are having with installation. The standard install instructions should work for xampp (though I haven’t tried it myself, xampp looks like it is just apache with some extras included – and thus should work the same). You may have to do the manual install, but that isn’t much more work than the makesite script. I would like to create a web-based installer at some point, but there hasn’t really been an opportunity to spend time on that yet.

best regards

Steve hannah