Commercial use + payment gateway

A place to discuss and receive support for the Web Auction application.

Commercial use + payment gateway

Postby innocuous » Fri May 16, 2008 7:45 am

Hi,
Just trying out webauction. Can it be used for commercial purposes? I mean how hacker safe is it? Plus will it be able to handle a large load of traffic incase the auction site kicks off well?

How do we integrate payment modules? I see no option for payments in webauction. We would like to accept paypal and credit cards.

Thanks
innocuous

Postby shannah » Fri May 16, 2008 8:00 am

Hi Innocuous,

Yes, the auction should be viable for a commercial site.
For busy sites it should be fine. If you have a large number of auctions all ending at the same time and the site is quite busy, one mod would be a good idea: it currently checks at the beginning of each request for any auctions that have "just" closed, and it processes the notification emails etc... If a whole bunch of auctions end at the same time and the site is busy, this can cause multiple emails to be sent. Moving this part out to a cron script would solve this problem (a simple fix).

As for payment gateways, I haven't developed any payment gateways for it. There is a payment module in the works for xataface that won't be ready for about 6 months which would be able to plug right into web auction. But for now, you'd have to develop that add-on custom for web auction (not hard for most PHP developers since there are libraries around for most payment gateways to make integration pretty simple).

Best regards

Steve
shannah

Re: Commercial use + payment gateway

Postby scottdev » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:49 am

Has there been any workable developments for a paypal gateway?
scottdev

Re: Commercial use + payment gateway

Postby shannah » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:48 am

Nothing specifically for Web Auction that I know of.
shannah

Return to Web Auction Discussion