Xataface 1.3rc4 was released today. It is primarily a bug-fix release the fixes some issues pointed out by users with 1.3rc3. The main points addressed in this release are:
1. It no longer displays an error message if a user accesses a Xataface application from more than one IP address. Instead it just automatically logs them out if their IP address does not match the last used IP address of the user. This maintains security (to make session hacking more difficult) and cuts down on the inconvenience if a user legitimately moves his computer to a different IP address (which happens frequently with laptop users).
2. Session IP checking can be entirely disabled using the disable_session_ip_check conf.ini file directive.
3. Changed the session timeout to refer to time of inactivity instead of time after login.
4. Cleaned up the find form so that fields are no longer pushed to the bottom of the page.
5. Fixed a number of PHP 5.3 Strict standards compliance warnings.
Full Change Log:
- Turned off indexing on tables that don't have the index enabled.
- Added support for timediff MySQL function. Added tests also.
- Changed so that session timeout refers to logout after inactivity rather
than logout after time after session created.
- Changed session_timeout to an integer just in case this was causing problems before.
- Removed some bits that draw strict warnings in PHP 5.3
- Fixed bug that was caused by allowing actions to override the relationships.ini file
action definitions. The problem was that all related actions were being overridden by
relationships.ini action definitions. The fix was to add a directive for the
actions.ini file to explicitly set an action as overridable by the relationships.ini file.
- The related_records_list action has been given the directive:
which says that any settings placed in the relationships.ini action: definition
will override details of this action.
- Added support for disable_session_ip_check in conf.ini file.
- Fixed updating but with multiple dataface__version records being added
- Changed errors when inserting new related record of type foreign key constraint
failures to be a notice instead of a fatal error so it will give the user a
friendlier error message.
- Changed session to just log the user out if their session has the wrong session id.
- Removed 'here' debugging text that shouldn't have been there in main template.
- Fixed error with overriding PEAR::raiseError (a static method) with a non-static
method. Now XML_Parser::raiseError is static.
- Improved relationship labeling on find form
- Added support for visibility:find in relationships to hide a relationship from
the find form.
This release can be downloaded from the Xataface Homepage or Source Forge