Site interface for bidder

A place to discuss and receive support for the Web Auction application.

Site interface for bidder

Postby jellevant » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:52 pm

I just set up an auction on your server for a non-profit I'm helping. The url seems to be http://auctions.weblite.ca/sfwa11/
When I click on that from a different browser (where I'm not logged into the auction), I get a page with my one test product but don't see anywhere a new visitor can register and bid. I'm obviously missing something here!

Also, once that question is answered, is there somewhere I can list the user information we would like to collect, e.g., address, telephone number?
jellevant

Re: Site interface for bidder

Postby shannah » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:20 pm

They should click "login" in the upper right. On the login page there will be a link to register.
shannah

Postby jellevant » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:49 am

Oh, Thanks, I see it. Guess I'll have to put an instruction line in the header to make it easier.

So, I'd really like to capture different information at login - specifically a home address or at least city. And I don't want 'Department'. Is there a way I can change this interface?
jellevant

Postby shannah » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:20 am

Not with the hosted version. But if you install it on your own server you are free to add whatever information you want. Adding information pretty much boils down to adding columns to the users table, then optionally specifying meta info for the column (like label, description and widget type) in the users table fields.ini file.
shannah

Return to Web Auction Discussion