Warning: Missing argument 1 for handle() ...

A place to discuss and receive support for the Web Auction application.

Warning: Missing argument 1 for handle() ...

Postby onyx » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:55 am

Liked the demo and decided to give it a go.

Had no problems installing Dataface in root. Completed installation of webauction up to "Application Installed Successfully!" stage where it says "Click here to access the application."

This is what the browser returned:

Warning: Missing argument 1 for handle() in /home/user/public_html/dataface/actions/install.php on line 33

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/user/public_html/dataface/actions/install.php:33) in /home/user/public_html/dataface/actions/install.php on line 43

Anyone else came across this? Don't know what gives but would appreciate any thoughts/answers on it. Thanks.

Looking forward to using the application!
onyx

Postby shannah » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:55 am

Not sure what is going on there. Did you run the xataface installer or the web auction installer?

Run through the readme file for webauction for some install tips. If the automatic installer isn't working, go straight to manual installation.

-STeve
shannah

still no luck ...

Postby onyx » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:17 am

Hi Steve,
not sure what you mean by the Xataface installer (i notice there is an "installer.php" file in the folder) but following the Xataface readme file, all i did was upload the folder and checked "dataface_info.php" and it reported the installation as successful:

Dataface 1.0-beta-1 268
Installed at /dataface

Installation status INSTALLED CORRECTLY
Templates Dir /home/eshopweb/public_html/dataface/Dataface/templates
Templates Compile Dir /home/eshopweb/public_html/dataface/Dataface/templates_c

Is there a more overt act to install Xataface?

To be sure its not due to missing files, i deleted the webauction folder, uploaded all the files again and re-installed using the web auction installer - no problem, as before the installation was successful and it said "Click here to access the application". Same thing happened - clicked (the link was to index.php as expected) and the warning error appeared as mentioned in the original post.

Can't figure it out. It says headers were sent. Don't know enough about the correlation between the application and the framework to troubleshoot. I gather the application called on the actions/install.php file in the framework to verity dataface, etc. and that's where it was struck down. I have both the web auction folder and dataface in root if that's significant.

The thing is if the Xataface "installation" success is a false positive, where is the error? Sure hope you can help on this one. Will be sad to abandon its use just because headers could not be sent ... hmm.

Btw, why would the web auction installation be reported a success when it has not parsed the "class dataface_actions_install"? Maybe there's no connection - i'm just guessing.

Appreciate any time you can spend on this. Thanks.
onyx

Postby shannah » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:09 am

A couple of things:

1. What is the URL where you receive this error? Is it at the webauction index page (i.e. ../webauction/index.php) ? or somewhere else.

2. When you say that both dataface and webauction are installed in the root, does that mean that you have folders:
/dataface
and
/webauction

Or that the files for both are installed at
/
?

3. You may want to try with dataface 0.7.1, as this is the version that webauction was originally developed on.

4. If the auto install for webauction is not working, try the manual install instructions found in the webauction readme file.
shannah

works now

Postby onyx » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:50 am

Thanks Steve. It needed a manual install and then some ...

The tables.sql did not include a password field for the 'users' table - had to get it from the install.sql including the 'reverse auction' bit for the config table. Also populated the admin user and sample config record from snapshots.sql to complete the picture.

Otherwise, everything seems fine. Will try to see if i can switch off (or toggle) the image function for items that don't require images. Another useful addition might be a SuperUser who can add products with admin functions except dealing with other users or mess with Auction Settings.

Testing some more ... probably use it in an iframe without having to do too much CSS work.

Thanks again for your time.
onyx

new issue: session_start()

Postby onyx » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:05 am

Thinking it was safe to swim ...

I tried to do the same installation on another server/domain and got struck by the 'session_start(), /tmp/dataface permissions' bug that just won't go away; here's what webauction/index.php returned:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/dataface/sess_d9728c27d0920c2dab399c54f002fdaa, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/user/public_html/dataface/Dataface/Application.php on line 626

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/user/public_html/dataface/Dataface/Application.php:626) in /home/user/public_html/dataface/Dataface/Application.php on line 626

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/user/public_html/dataface/Dataface/Application.php:626) in /home/user/public_html/dataface/Dataface/Application.php on line 626
---------------------------------

web auction page

---------------------------------
Warning: Unknown(): open(/tmp/dataface/sess_d9728c27d0920c2dab399c54f002fdaa, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp/dataface) in Unknown on line 0

I found other posts on this and followed your suggestion that we can "explicitly set the session save directory to some other directory by adding the following to the beginning of your index.php file:
Code:
session_save_path('/path/to/directory');

but nothing changed. [btw, that's the dataface/index.php file, right? And "the beginning of" means before:

require_once 'init.php';
init(__FILE__, '/~shannah/lesson_plans');
require_once 'Dataface/Application.php';

Right? Anyway, i tried before and after - no change.

Hope you have some time to comment on this. Thing is, this will be the server that will run webauction, the other one was just to test it!

Anyway, still hoping there's a way to make it work.
the directories are:
/dataface
/webauction

Would appreciate any thoughts on this. Thanks.
onyx

Postby shannah » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:13 am

Does this server run in safe mode?
shannah

Safe mode is OFF.

Postby onyx » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:22 am

Did the phpinfo() test.

Still can't figure it out. Got a feeling it's some simple switch on/off thingy but as of now, clueless. Sure hope you can shed some light on this.

Thanks again, Steve.
onyx

Postby shannah » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:30 pm

What did the phpinfo() test tell you?

Is safe mode on or off? (The safe_mode line)
Are there any functions disabled? (the disable_functions line
shannah

Still stumped ...

Postby onyx » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:00 pm

Sorry, i wrote in the "Subject" field that "Safe mode was OFF". Anyway, here are the results of the phpinfo() test:

Directive | Local Value | Master Value

disable_functions no value no value
register_globals Off Off
safe_mode Off Off
sql.safe_mode Off Off

I did compare the results with the test server and PHP configs were identical. Still at a loss ...

Thank you for looking into this further.
onyx

Postby shannah » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:25 pm

btw, that's the dataface/index.php file, right? And "the beginning of" means before

I missed this the first time I read your post. No. It's not the dataface/index.php file. It is the webauction index.php file.

Good idea to double check permissions on the directory where you store session data. Make sure it is writable by the webserver. E.g. before changing the session dir, it would be helpful for troubleshooting to know whether the directory /tmp/dataface exists, and if so, what its permissions are.
shannah

what a relief!

Postby onyx » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:57 am

i checked but did not find the tmp/dataface dir. So i set it up and CHMOD 777 but nothing changed. Next, i edited the webauction/index.php file to include:

session_save_path('/path/to/directory');

and that worked!

Thanks for all your time. Will have a go and maybe tweak some ...

have a nice day!
onyx

Return to Web Auction Discussion