issues in loading ckeditor in xataface 2

A place for users and developers of the Xataface to discuss and receive support.

Re: issues in loading ckeditor in xataface 2

Postby lemon dexter » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:55 pm

Thanks guys!

This did it for me. I'd never got HTML reports running using v2, despite following all of Steve's instruction and suggestions - until now.

Ckeditor has been a bit flaky - working for some installations but not others, despite seemingly identical installations, but once I got ckeditor working, inspired by the last post, htmlreports only started working when I put g2 last in the module list - which I'd never have thought of!

All now working - except the schema browser widget at the moment won't work with g2. So I can create and edit with g2 disabled, and run live with g2. Good enough for now, at least to play around!

Thanks again.
lemon dexter

Postby shannah » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:27 am

Can you elaborate on "the schema browser won't work"? Does the button appear at all? Do you get a PHP or Javascript error?
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Postby shannah » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:45 am

I have added this to the issue tracker.
http://bugs.weblite.ca/view.php?id=1175
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Postby lemon dexter » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:48 pm

With g2 loaded, the insert field button in the ckeditor toolbar is there, but nothing happens except some js errors in console:

On entering edit:

One Info/Warning: Use of attributes' specified attribute is deprecated. It always returns true. This shows an extract:
...H,G,I){var E={};for(var F in G){E[F]=H.style[F];H.style[F]=G[F]}I.call(H);for(va...
and refers to: http://xxxxxxx/xataface/modules/g2/js/j ... 3.2.min.js (line 12)

TypeError: $.vakata.context.cnt.delegate is not a function. This shows an extract: ...#vakata-contextmenu li a:hover, #vakata-contextmenu li.vakata-hover > a { backgr...
and refers to: http://xxxxxx/index.php?-action=js&--id ... bd4043bc97 (line 543)

And on pressing the Insert Field button:

TypeError: $(el).children().detach is not a function. This shows an extract: ...(el).children().detach();$.each(this.getComponent().getChildComponents(),functio...
and refers to: http://xxxxxx/index.php?-action=js&--id ... bd4043bc97 (line 650)

The first (info) warning occurs with g2 disabled. But that's about it - all else works fine.

Hope this helps!
lemon dexter

Postby lemon dexter » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:20 am

OK, I think I found the problem (and probably need to apologise!).

I've got a dashboard which uses a jquery accordian menu, which requires pulling in some extra javascript. Looks like this was screwing things up and I'm delighted to say everything seems to be working if it's disabled. I would however be grateful for any tips for getting the javascript to happily co-exist - I've got lots of tables which need grouping and are difficult to navigate using the tabs. The menu requires:

jquery-1.3.2.min.js
jquery-ui-1.7.2.min.js

Many thanks again for all your help.
lemon dexter

Postby shannah » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:04 am

With the g2 module, Xataface includes its own copies of jquery as part of the default template. You are likely overriding these newer versions with your older version. You should be able to just remove your <script> tags for your copies of jquery and jquery ui, and it should work. (As long as your accordion is compatible with the newer version of jQuery and jQuery UI.
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Previous

Return to Xataface Users