Two navigation menus at the same time

A place for users and developers of the Xataface to discuss and receive support.

Two navigation menus at the same time

Postby Gwynnbleid1 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:22 pm

Hi!

Is it possible to have two navigation menus at the same time ? I have a lot of tables so they moved to the left. I would also like to have a navigation bar like it is here right now(Home, Forum...) Is it possible and if yes can you show me how to do this ?

Ideally I would like to have such a behavior that when user enters forum then left navigation bar hides, but top one stays on like it is here(forum seems embedded, or maybe its template is altered ??)

PS. Thanks again for all your responses!!!
Gwynnbleid1

Re: Two navigation menus at the same time

Postby shannah » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:33 am

It won't break them up automatically. With Xataface 2.0 and the g2 theme, it will add a "More.." menu dropdown for all tables in excess of 7.
You could just select some tables for the table menu, then manually add your own side menu using blocks and slots.

-Steve
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Re: Two navigation menus at the same time

Postby Gwynnbleid1 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:54 am

shannah wrote:It won't break them up automatically. With Xataface 2.0 and the g2 theme, it will add a "More.." menu dropdown for all tables in excess of 7.
You could just select some tables for the table menu, then manually add your own side menu using blocks and slots.

-Steve

Thing is that I would like to have all tables on left and menu above. I assume that I would need to override templates to do that ?
Gwynnbleid1

Return to Xataface Users