Installation issues

A place for users and developers of the Xataface to discuss and receive support.

Installation issues

Postby Monty51 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:55 pm

I hope this is the right forum for my questions.

I'm a new user to Xataface and a newbie at web configurations, but I thought I'd give this a try. While the installation when relatively smoothly, I have a couple of questions:

1) I can't seem to access the index.php file that was built for the web site. I used the 'makesite' script and it seemed to work without problems, creating subdirs for each table in the database and generating all config files that have correct information in them, but nothing comes up when I point my browser at <//my-site.com/<Web site>/index.php> ('Cannot display the web page' error). I'm using this on a Linux system and I'm a little confused about the user: it exists in the MySQL database, but not on the system. Is this a problem?

2) I ran the 'makesite' script as myself (so I own all the files and directories) and then created the 'templates_c' directory and made sure the web server (Apache) had write permissions to the directory by changing the group to 'apache', as exists in the /etc/group file, and changing the mode of the directory to give group write permissions. Is this the right approach?

3) When I point my browser to <//my-site.com/<Web site>. (without the index.php), I get the message instructing me to create the 'templates_c' directory, so I'm assuming, overall, that the 'makesite' script worked as it was supposed to. If that's the case, and here's the redundant question, where do I look to solve my problem of Question 1?

Thanks for your help
Monty51

Re: Installation issues

Postby silma » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:01 am

Hello,

Make sure your templates_c directory have ALL the permissions (777) not only the group permission (666).
It should solves all your troubles. (And yes the user is on the database only)

Sorry for my english !
silma

Re: Installation issues

Postby Monty51 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:33 am

Ok, here were my problems:

1) When I ran the 'makesite' script, the images/ directory did not get created or populated. I simple copied the images/ directory from the xataface-1.3.2/ directory to my database directory (also needed to copy images/flags/).

2) I also needed to copy plone.css and plone_javascripts.js from xataface-1.3.2/ to my database directory.

3) I needed to define a primary key in every table in my database.

After these steps, I saw the front end I was expecting to see.

This was installed on a Linux system.
Monty51

Return to Xataface Users