Inconsistent behavior with AJAX inline editing

A place for users and developers of the Xataface to discuss and receive support.

Inconsistent behavior with AJAX inline editing

Postby pkennedy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:21 am

I'm experiencing inconsistent behavior when attempting to use the AJAX inline editing functionality in the list view. I have usage_mode=edit in my conf.ini file, and where necessary, I've used the noLinkFromListView=1 command in the fields.ini file, but it only seems to work some of the time. In all cases, clicking in the list brings up an entry box (or select list, depending on the settings in the fields.ini).

However, on some tables, Xataface appears to record whatever is entered or selected, but the edits aren't actually being written back to the database. In other tables, the cell reverts to blank as soon as you click out of the editing area, while in still others, everything seems to be working correctly. I don't think it's a permissions issue, because the behavior differs even on tables with the same permissions structure.

Any ideas?
pkennedy

Re: Inconsistent behavior with AJAX inline editing

Postby pkennedy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:57 pm

Has no one else experienced similar problems? My end users strongly prefer the inline editing to clicking into a record (especially when there are many records to be updated), but I can't in good faith continue to offer the option if their edits aren't always recorded...

ANY ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Patrick
pkennedy

Re: Inconsistent behavior with AJAX inline editing

Postby shannah » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:03 am

Unfortunately the inline editing is a little flakey and can depend on the widget that is used for a field. I have an open bug here
http://bugs.weblite.ca/view.php?id=802
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Return to Xataface Users