XAMPP fatal error at line 3966 table.php

A place for users and developers of the Xataface to discuss and receive support.

XAMPP fatal error at line 3966 table.php

Postby shardison » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:36 pm

I developed an application on my MAC and it works like a charm. I use MAMP

I want to port it to a Windows environment - I am using XAMPP to serve the application. But I can not logon to the application: I get a fatal error 'Class table_users not found at line 3966 of table.php.

So I went to table .php line 3965 and see that $delegate_name = "table_.$this->tablename;
then at 3966 $this->delegate = new $delegate_name();

now since the fatal error referenced table_users it must know that $delegate_name() is table_users but it is choking on the new $delegate.

I think there is something more basic going on because the app works fine on my MAC and is choking in Windows xp
shardison

Re: XAMPP fatal error at line 3966 table.php

Postby shardison » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:21 pm

It looks like <? was not well liked on my windows machine so I went to <?php and at least I could logon. But that just began the errors. It looks like I am going to have to run down many problems.

Like Notice: Undefined index in action in ApplicationDelegate.php
and Warning: missing argument 2 for df_display() called in public_api.php at line 500
and Notice: undefined template_name in public_api.php at line 504

Are this messages that can be turned off or are these real issues for me to figure out?
shardison

Postby shardison » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:08 pm

Now, I found out that in the php directory of xampp I needed to edit the php.ini file to turn off notices and warnings.

But I still have a glitch: I have two tables that display but not in the xataface template. All other tables display fine. The two that are glitching have no xataface display elements just a white screen with very basic text and the raw data from the table. I don't understand how that can be.
Last edited by shardison on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shardison

Postby shardison » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:54 pm

For anyone following this thread I discovered that Using XAMPP on window XP does not like the following designation in a fields.ini file

money_format=%#3.2n

If you try this format it blows up xataface for that table and you only get a white screen with table info.

This does not happen on my MAC using MAMP. I do not understand this and maybe someone knows why this happens but it seems very odd to me.
Last edited by shardison on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shardison

Postby shannah » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:04 am

What happens if you change it to
Code: Select all
money_format="%#3.2n"

i.e. wrap in quotes
shannah

Postby shardison » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:09 pm

I tried and received the same outcome. I simply defined the field in the Mysql database with the format I desired and got the outcome I was looking for.

Thanks
shardison

Return to Xataface Users