related record from parent table don't work

A place for users and developers of the Xataface to discuss and receive support.

related record from parent table don't work

Postby amrcode1 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:30 am

Hi all, I have a situation with my system.

I have a main table (Table_main) and other related (Table_related) to keep records, the main table is configured to directly enter records in the related table, but these records are not registering related, I should clarify, I've always had this system , and at any moment you can not record more data. Any idea how I can track down the cause? I'm using Xataface 1.2.5 1870

Translation courtesy of Google Translate;)
amrcode1

Re: related record from parent table don't work

Postby shannah » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:07 am

I'm not sure I fully understand the question. Can you try to explain a little further? Any error messages?

-Steve
shannah

Re: related record from parent table don't work

Postby amrcode1 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:35 am

Hi Steve, there is no error message, even xataface indicates that the main record (parent table) is saved.

in the parent table, for the definition of the fields (fields.ini) I link two fields from the related table to be entered directly into the action of "new record" of the parent table. then when you save the registration data is saved only for the parent table but not the related.

I show the data of the configuration files:
Parent table (Flu)
Fields.ini:

[flu_id]
widget: type = hidden
.... etc etc

[history]
1 = transient
widget: label = Background
widget: type = grid
Relationship = historyy
widget: columns = "risk_factor, details"
order = 7

these data are of interest, the [history] historyy uses the relationship, then if I enter a new record in the table where I also showed Flu fields Flu_history its related table, data entry on the form to the historyy relationship will not be saved, after doing this, if I want to record data by browsing the tabs of the relationship if it worked.

Google Translate again ;)
amrcode1

Return to Xataface Users