Change default list to edit in relationships

A place for users and developers of the Xataface to discuss and receive support.

Change default list to edit in relationships

Postby shardison » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:40 am

When I click on my tabs for relational tables they always display a "list" format. I would like to override this to "edit" format because the relationship is one to one. I was thinking I might be able to do this in the relationships.ini file for the controlling table.

thinking out loud example:
[Clients]
clients.client_id = "$client_id"
view:default = edit
<- THIS IS WHERE I WAS THINKING I COULD PUT A DIRECTIVE.

Thanks in advance for any help
shardison

Re: Change default list to edit in relationships

Postby shannah » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:37 am

This is a good idea. I'm not particularly happy with the current state of the UI with respect to relationships. There is a lot that can be done, but it will take time.

I have created an ajax_form module that improves usability substantially and takes advantage of knowing the relationship structure to provide an easily expandable form/list interface. This requires Xataface 2.0 and it still has a few kinks to work out.

Your suggestion of simply specifying that a related tab should go to an edit form is also a good one, but first I would need to create an actual "edit" action for a related record. There isn't one currently. (The edit action is actually for a "record" ... similar but not the same).

My lack of satisfaction with the current state of editing related records is one of the main reasons why I haven't released 2.0 yet.
shannah

Return to Xataface Users