Not Showing Template

A place for users and developers of the Xataface to discuss and receive support.

Not Showing Template

Postby davidwise007 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:42 pm

Hi, I have loaded xataface, and I am using MAMP, everything was good, I followed the instructions, with no problem at all, I have the xataface running OK, but I cannot get the templates to show.

I have read through the forum, and have changed the df_init(__FILE__, to all the examples plus many more, but still they will not display, is there anything else that could be wrong.

When I downloaded the xataface-1.3.2, then I shortened the file name to xataface, I loaded the file in Applications > MAMP > htdocs > xataface, then I downloaded the .tar file and unzipped it, and placed the folder in xataface >.

There were 3 files in this (confi.ini/index.php and Web.config), then I created the template_c folder and put this in with confi.ini/index.php/Web.config files.
When I type localhost:8888/dataface_info.php, it works OK, the page that comes up says Dataface 1.3.2 3355 but the Installed at / is blank.

I am assuming that the index.php file that is in the xataface directory, is for the installer. so the file that I am making changes to df_init(__FILE__, is located in new file that was created with .tar file.

Any help would be appreciated
davidwise007

Re: Not Showing Template

Postby shannah » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:41 pm

You should have Xataface installed as a subdirectory of your project.
Try following this tutorial
http://xataface.com/wiki/How_to_build_a ... es_of_code
shannah

Re: Not Showing Template

Postby shannah » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:24 pm

Based on a screenshot provided to me separately (from you), it looks like your problem is the 2nd parameter of the df_init() function. This should be the url path to the xataface directory. This can be an absolute URL (e.g. http://example.com/path/to/xataface or /path/to/xataface), or a relative URL (e.g. path/to/xataface).
shannah

Return to Xataface Users