unable to get ckeditor working

A place for users and developers of the Xataface to discuss and receive support.

unable to get ckeditor working

Postby razzetto » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:07 am

Hi steve, hi all.

i'm trying to add the html report module to my application,
working with what i suppose to be the latest version ( http://weblite.ca/svn/dataface/core/trunk/).

after: Control panel-->manage reports-->new record i get this error:
Code: Select all
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message '[html_quickform_error: message="unregistered element" code=-5 mode=return level=notice prefix="QuickForm Error: " info="Element 'ckeditor' does not exist in HTML_QuickForm::_loadElement()"]' in D:\xampp\htdocs\nuovoxata\Dataface\FormTool.php:465 Stack trace: #0 D:\xampp\htdocs\nuovoxata\Dataface\QuickForm.php(377): Dataface_FormTool->buildWidget(Object(Dataface_Record), Array, Object(Dataface_QuickForm), 'template_html', true, Array) #1 D:\xampp\htdocs\nuovoxata\Dataface\QuickForm.php(518): Dataface_QuickForm->_buildWidget(Array, Array) #2 D:\xampp\htdocs\nuovoxata\actions\new.php(53): Dataface_QuickForm->_build() #3 D:\xampp\htdocs\nuovoxata\Dataface\Application.php(2325): dataface_actions_new->handle(Array) #4 D:\xampp\htdocs\nuovoxata\Dataface\Application.php(2410): Dataface_Application->handleRequest() #5 D:\xampp\htdocs\sportelloprealpha2.0\index.php(7): Dataface_Application->display() #6 {main} thrown in D:\xampp\htdocs\nuovoxata\Dataface\FormTool.php on line 465

by the way i discovered the ckeditor widget is not showing in fields in which i put
widget:type=ckeditor

just to give some more hints:
- the installation of ckeditor (from official site) was done into nuovoxata\modules\ckeditor
- in conf.ini i have this entry:
[_modules]
modules_ckeditor=/modules/ckeditor/ckeditor.php
modules_htmlreports=modules/htmlreports/htmlreports.php

- in index.php i have
df_init(__FILE__, "/nuovoxata")->display();

i saw a similar discussion here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6625 (but everything seems ok in my paths)

last straw to grasp ( ! ) : i have an xammp installation with php 5.3.8 ...

thanks (as always) for any suggestion and for all your work.

Paolo
razzetto

Re: unable to get ckeditor working

Postby shannah » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:51 am

modules_ckeditor=/modules/ckeditor/ckeditor.php

should be
modules_ckeditor=modules/ckeditor/ckeditor.php

-Steve
shannah

Postby razzetto » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:35 pm

yes, of course.. sorry for having pasted this silly experiment.
but, no, it's not working with :
modules_ckeditor=modules/ckeditor/ckeditor.php

i get the same error:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message '[html_quickform_error: message="unregistered element" code=-5 mode=return level=notice prefix="QuickForm Error: " info="Element 'ckeditor' does not exist in HTML_QuickForm::_loadElement()"]' in D:\xampp\htdocs\nuovoxata\Dataface\FormTool.php:465 Stack trace: #0 D:\xampp\htdocs\nuovoxata\Dataface\QuickForm.php(377): Dataface_FormTool->buildWidget(Object(Dataface_Record), Array, Object(Dataface_QuickForm), 'template_html', true, Array) #1 D:\xampp\htdocs\nuovoxata\Dataface\QuickForm.php(518): Dataface_QuickForm->_buildWidget(Array, Array) #2 D:\xampp\htdocs\nuovoxata\actions\new.php(53): Dataface_QuickForm->_build() #3 D:\xampp\htdocs\nuovoxata\Dataface\Application.php(2325): dataface_actions_new->handle(Array) #4 D:\xampp\htdocs\nuovoxata\Dataface\Application.php(2410): Dataface_Application->handleRequest() #5 D:\xampp\htdocs\sportelloprealpha2.0\index.php(7): Dataface_Application->display() #6 {main} thrown in D:\xampp\htdocs\nuovoxata\Dataface\FormTool.php on line 465

i'm quite sure i was missing something with the instructions about installing ckeditor.
razzetto

Postby shannah » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:40 pm

What versions of
1. Xataface
2. CKeditor module

are you running?
shannah

Postby razzetto » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:54 am

nevermind. i got it working (just re-installed it and it works great).

the issue: i'm totally inexperienced with svn :)

thanks, again (and sorry for wasting your time).

paolo
razzetto

Return to Xataface Users