filter attribute and -skip

A place for users and developers of the Xataface to discuss and receive support.

filter attribute and -skip

Postby djanate » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:32 am

I have a very simple table with about 1800 records in it. When it first loads, it show 30 records at a time which causes the page numbers to show up. I have quite a few fields set up using the filter = 1 setting. If a user changes to page 5, the url shows the -skip value with 150 (30*5). Still on page 5, if they then select one of the filters that shows there are 21 entries in the table, they get a blank listing showing no records. When I look at the url after selecting the same filter, the -skip vlaue still shows 150 for the value. If I manually change the skip to 0 and reload the page, the 21 records show up.

The weird thing is that when I select a filter that has more than 150 records (user still on page 5 and skip still set to 150), they see ALL of the records.

Is this the default way the filters work, or is there a way I can reset the -skip value to zero when the user selects one of the filters?
djanate

Re: filter attribute and -skip

Postby shannah » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:31 am

This bug has been fixed in the 1.3.x branch and will be included in the 1.3.3 release when it is released.
http://bugs.weblite.ca/view.php?id=971

-Steve
shannah

Postby mstegani » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:27 am

Sorry for my english
How can I automatically return to first page of the list view after change a value of filter field?
thanks
mstegani

Postby shannah » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:17 am

As mentioned in the above reply, this was a bug that has been fixed in SVN and will be included in the next release. The diffs are shown in the issue tracker bug report if you want to apply them yourself and not wait for the release.

-Steve
shannah

Return to Xataface Users