usage_mode=edit not working

A place for users and developers of the Xataface to discuss and receive support.

usage_mode=edit not working

Postby sgunnersen » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi Guys,

I set usage_mode=edit on conf.ini, and as a result the source code of a typical view page now includes a span tag with a class: class="df__editable" which was not there previously. The source code for the page now also includes: <script type="text/javascript" src="<my site>/xataface/js/editable.js"> </script> which it didn't before, and I've used Safari's script debugging to ensure that editable.js is accessible and being executed when the page is loaded. usage_mode=edit seems to have done its thing.

Only problem is, the fields are still not clickable or editable. From a user perspective, usage_mode=edit has done absolutely nothing. I still have the edit tab which works fine, but that's not what usage_mode=edit is for.

I've tried in Firefox for Mac, Safari for Mac, IE for Windows, and none of them allow direct field editing on the view tab like usage_mode=edit is meant to allow.

Why doesn't it work?!
sgunnersen

Re: usage_mode=edit not working

Postby shannah » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:28 am

This is broken right now.... I've taken short looks at it but haven't had time to find out why. It may need to be re-implemented from the ground up.
shannah

Postby gmenguy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:37 am

Hi,

I got the same problem. This is a very important feature for us to use this great app !
Thanks for help.

Guillaume
gmenguy

Postby shannah » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:18 am

Upon further inspection, it looks like it is still working in 1.3.2. However it is not used in the details view, and it will only work in list view for fields that you have "links" turned off for. e.g. If you want a field to be editable in list view, you need to add noLinkFromListView=1 to the fields.ini definition for the field.

Some other problems, though. This will only work with basic widget types (e.g. text, textarea, checkbox, select) and not with some of the more advanced ones (e.g. lookup).

This issue is in the issue tracker at
http://bugs.weblite.ca/view.php?id=802

-Steve
shannah

Return to Xataface Users