New Xataface 1.3.2 install - on Godaddy

A place for users and developers of the Xataface to discuss and receive support.

New Xataface 1.3.2 install - on Godaddy

Postby mjtempesta » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi, I am a user of a previous Xataface version on Godaddy with php 5.3. Works perfectly. For a different project (on the same host), I created a new mysql schema and uploaded a fresh 1.3.2 install. I can see my tables on the left, and I can also see the data I populated on the backend. But clicking on any record, or trying to click new record, gives me a connection reset error. There is nothing in my error logs, and no php errors are returned to the browser.
I am happy to insert some debugging statements to try and track this down, but I was hopeful that someone had already encountered and resolved this issue. I did see the previous forum post on preg_replace, and I did try that solution. That did not resolve it. I also saw a post related to the hyphen in the query string params, so I tried manually going to my url with hyphens removed, but that was not successful. Then I tried ensuring the first query string param was not a hyphen. I manually added a=1 as the first querystring param to my url, and then it finally worked.

Is there a known fix I can apply to resolve this? I am tempted, just for the sake of moving past it, to use javascript and modify all href attributes to ensure the hyphen is not the first character.
thanks!
Mike
mjtempesta

Re: New Xataface 1.3.2 install - on Godaddy

Postby shannah » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:59 pm

I have had similar problems with GoDaddy recently with a client. It appears that Godaddy has put in a filter to block requests that include some GET parameters that Xataface uses. I don't know why, and when my client contacted them about it, they claimed that they didn't do that.

A test to confirm.

Create a file in your Godaddy account with the following:
Code: Select all
<?php
echo "hello world";

Try accessing this file in your browser with no GET parameters. It will work. Then, if you try to request the same file, but using the GET parameters that you typically use in a Xataface request (e.g. hello.php?-table=mytable&-action=view&--record-id=foobar), it will give you a connection reset error.

The solution is to get Godaddy to remove the filter or switch to a different web host.

-Steve
shannah

Return to Xataface Users