Customizing the email module

A place for users and developers of the Xataface to discuss and receive support.

Customizing the email module

Postby clawes » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:07 pm

Now that I have my contact management up and running, I am looking at the Xataface Mail Module to allow for bulk mailing.
As I understand it, the Mail module sends to ALL records in a given table by default. There doesn't seem to be any easy way of sending to a subset of records in a given table.

I would like to change this default behaviour. In my case, I wish to send bulk mail to only contacts in a given category; for example, only contacts living in Canada. Or only contacts that are interested in a particular product offering.

I looked at using mysql views but this would require me to create a view for each category of contacts that I wish to bulk mail to. I also find that authentication ( login) fails whenever I use views instead of real tables. Strange,

Any pointers?

TIA
clawes

Re: Customizing the email module

Postby shannah » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:51 am

The email module will send to whatever the current found set is. If you perform a find for only particular records, then click the mail icon, it will only send to those records that were found. THat makes it quite easy to send to any subset you want.

-Steve
shannah

Postby clawes » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:15 pm

That was too easy.

Thanks!
clawes

Postby clawes » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:19 pm

Steve,

Is there a way to auto launch the Xataface.showEmailAddresses javascript whenever the Send Email Form opens?
As it is now, you have to click on the Show Email Address link.
clawes

Postby shannah » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:22 am

Just add an onload handler for the window or document and call that function.
shannah

Return to Xataface Users