PHP Function Re-Definition

A place for users and developers of the Xataface to discuss and receive support.

PHP Function Re-Definition

Postby andperry » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:08 am

On one of my projects, I have a situation where the main PHP files for three separate tables (actually one table and two related views) include a file containing some common functions, to be called from the handling functions of the various table classes. The project as a whole contains about six such sets of tables each with its own set of common functions, and many of the common function names are repeated across the board (e.g. common_beforeSave, common_afterSave). It works without a problem.

Having tried it on a new project however, I'm getting lots of error messages saying that PHP function names are being re-defined. It is as if all the table classes are being loaded every time, regardless of whether a particular table is being handled by the given page. If this is so then why does the first project work anyway?

All I am asking for is clarification as to what should happen and can work round it either way. Both projects are using Xataface version 1.2.7.

Regards,

Andrew Perry.
andperry

Return to Xataface Users