Question on Data Grid

A place for users and developers of the Xataface to discuss and receive support.

Question on Data Grid

Postby jhenry » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:49 am

I am trying to automate some data entry and make things a little simpler for my users. I have a workorder table that has two datagrid entries one for parts and one for labor. I already have all the code in place that totals everything entered into the workorder. I want to have this info pulled into an invoice for billing. I plan to create a transient view that pulls all the part and labor entries keyed by a workorder_id into a table. I have a datagrid in the invoice now that I have to manually enter each item in. I would like to be able to automatically pull in each entry from the view table into the datagrid. Is this possible? The invoice_items table has each entry into the invoice keyed by an invoice_id. I just am not sure how to enter data into a datagrid with a seperate key for each one using the afterSave method. I hope I am being clear enough.

TIA,
Jason Henry
Do not mistake understanding for realization, and do not mistake realization for liberation....Tibetan Saying.
jhenry

Return to Xataface Users