relationships select list

A place for users and developers of the Xataface to discuss and receive support.

Postby shannah » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:00 am

When you renamed to Products2, did you also rename the configuration folder/delegate class etc.. to Products2? It could be something in the configuration files. I would try naming it back to Products and comment out your relationships in the relationships.ini file to see if that makes a diff (to try to narrow it down).

-Steve
shannah

Postby linux123 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:11 pm

shannah wrote:When you renamed to Products2, did you also rename the configuration folder/delegate class etc.. to Products2? It could be something in the configuration files. I would try naming it back to Products and comment out your relationships in the relationships.ini file to see if that makes a diff (to try to narrow it down).

-Steve

Hi Steve,
yes, I renamed the DB in PhpMyAdmin, the tables folder and the entry in config.ini to Products2.
After that, the GRID works correctly AND the configuration entries from relationships.ini take effect (some of the options are ignored if I call the table "Products").
If I reset everything, same problems as before...

It seems to me, xataface doesn't like the table name "Products" on my machines for some reason :evil:
Could the problem be based on a Python script "./lib/FCKeditor/editor/filemanager/connectors/py/zope.py"?
It says on line 186: import Products.zope as connector ...
but then this is Python and not PHP and the FCKeditor is not used for relationships but for editing the HTML textarea.
Any other namespace related possibility?

Bernd
linux123

Postby shannah » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:17 pm

This is bizarre. I can't think of any reason why it would dislike any particular name, including 'Products'. The FCKeditor python file won't be related to this.

I haven't had a chance to run a test on this scenario yet. Perhaps tomorrow sometime, and I'll see if I can reproduce the results.

In the mean time you might want to try the SVN version of the grid module:
http://weblite.ca/svn/dataface/modules/DataGrid/trunk

I think that the latest release should be pretty much the same, but there's a chance that there is a change that fixes this.

-Steve
shannah

Postby linux123 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:31 am

Hi,

I have checked out the new grid code, but it did not change anything, as expected.

I found a workaround by just renaming the MySQL database to "MyProducts" or something != "Products", any other name works ok.
Then with the help of conf.ini I just aliased it to it's real name, so I can finish my project now.

Thanks for your help Steve. But I'm sure there will be more questions if I dig deeper into the code and start more complex things like import filtering or actions.

Bernd
linux123

[solved] relationships select list

Postby linux123 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:16 am

Hi Steve,

I solved the riddle about the php timeout when using the grid for the "Products" table.

There is a hidden table "dataface.dataface_DataGrids" in my SQL table that contains a description of the grid.
When I cleared the "Products" entry in this table, my Products->grid started to work again. Probably the description was not updated properly at one time (I changed a lot in the table description) and the difference between the database description and reality caused an infinite loop somewhere.

Bernd
linux123

Re: relationships select list

Postby thedesignedge » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:31 pm

I just wanted to mention that I was having the memory error and had given up on using the Data Grid module because of it until I found Bernd's solution. Deleting the rows from the dataface.DataGrids table solved the memory issue for me as well.
thedesignedge

Previous

Return to Xataface Users