Action framework

A place for users and developers of the Xataface to discuss and receive support.

Postby jvkranenburg » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:46 am

Hi Steve,

Sounds realy good how you started the implementation of the action framework.
Will it also be possible to create an action that execute an sql query and display the result in the way Dataface always shows it?

This will be very usefull to create timebased queries eg. "ToDo today", "ToDo this week" and "ToDo next week"

Dataface Rocks!

JvK
jvkranenburg

Postby shannah » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:24 am

The actions framework will solve half of this problem. Essentially the actions framework will allow you to easily add menu-items, buttons, and links to various places in the dataface application. You can have these links call javascript functions, send mail, or just go to a particular URL. The second half of the equation will be allow reports to be created. Perhaps we could add a reports.ini file to define some of these reports. For this sort of thing it would probably be beneficial to be able to define reports in the delegate class also.

Now that you have me thinking about this, I don't think it would be too difficult to add this functionality. Perhaps I'll throw this in and release it with the actions framework (as it completes the actions framework).

BTW .. the actions framework is pretty much finished... just need to do some testing on diff platforms and it will be ready to roll out.
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Postby jvkranenburg » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:54 pm

Great . . . I can't wait! :) :)
jvkranenburg

Return to Xataface Users