Data Conversions to MySQL

A place for users and developers of the Xataface to discuss and receive support.

Postby Aoirthoir » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:41 pm

I've been using a couple of programs to force feed my conversions into my MySQL tables. One of problems is, that the programmers did not consider that if the table exists already in MySQL and has field names Identical to what is in the DBF file (or other database) then simply map those. I added a RecordID field to the front of all of my tables to insure a primary key for the tables, and one that I could work with, rather than the DBF keys I have (because the folks who wrote this program documented it very poorly, even their field names follow NO patter whatsoever...).

Anyhow I am thinking, since php can access a number of data formats already, what is the possibility of a PHP conversion program? And if so what would be the cost? Or what would be the cost to implement that in Dataface directly?

Thanks for any comments yall.
Aoirthoir

Postby shannah » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:29 am

Hi,

The PHP dbase functions appear to be able to do this job based on their description: http://ca3.php.net/dbase. Using these, it looks like it would be pretty straight forward to write an import component for Dataface. If you are interested in having this developed for you, we do offer custom development services. Just send me an email at shannah@sfu.ca and I can give you an estimate.

Best regards

Steve
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Return to Xataface Users