Change number of checkbox columns

A place to discuss development of the Xataface core.

Change number of checkbox columns

Postby ururk » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:22 am

Is it possible (with a setting) to change the number of columns displayed? I'd like to switch it to 2 columns, from three. I poked through the php files, but haven't found where this is set. Ideally I'd not be making a core change.
ururk

Re: Change number of checkbox columns

Postby ururk » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:07 pm

I solved this problem:

Edit line 128 (or thereabouts) in this template file:

Dataface_Form_Section_Template.html

Original:
Code: Select all
{if $element.field.widget.columns}{assign var=cols value=$element.field.widget.columns}{else}{assign var=cols value=3}{/if}

Change to:
{if $element.field.widget.columns}{assign var=cols value=$element.field.widget.columns}{else}{assign var=cols value=2}{/if}

This looks to be a global change, so it might not work out if you want to target specific elements (though I'm guessing SMARTY provides the ability to target specific columns through an if statement).
ururk

Postby shannah » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:59 pm

As you can tell from this snippet, another way to do this on a field by field basis would be to set the widget:columns directive in the fields.ini file:
widget:columns=2
shannah

Postby ururk » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:28 pm

shannah wrote:As you can tell from this snippet, another way to do this on a field by field basis would be to set the widget:columns directive in the fields.ini file:

Ah, I like that method much better. I've started to delve a bit into the templates, but have never used SMARTY before.
ururk

Return to Xataface Developers