Dataface 0.7 New Features

A place to discuss development of the Xataface core.

Postby shannah » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:22 pm

OK.. I think it's about time for a new major release. 2 main features will be added that will drastically increase Dataface's usefulness.

1. Portals (i.e. being able to edit related records inline - similar to Filemaker portals).
2. Partitioning edit forms into tabs. (this will use javascript so it will be very fast and easy for the user).

Also many bug fixes from 0.6.x

Estimated Alpha date: December 15th.

Stay tuned...

-Steve
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Postby Aoirthoir » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:31 pm

HOORAY! :D
Aoirthoir

Postby njw » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:40 am

Sounds good - although I've not used Filemaker so I've no idea what a Filemaker portal is. Don't worry about explaining - I can wait until December!

Neil
njw

Postby akvadrako » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:25 am

Hello. Is the alpha for 0.7 going to be available soon? Otherwise, is there somewhere I can access the repository or snapshot? I haven't looked at dataface yet but before I start hacking I would like to be working with the latest version of the code.

Thanks, Devin Bayer
akvadrako

Postby shannah » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:46 am

Sorry... ran into some delays on 0.7. It is not available yet and I currently don't have public access set up to the repository. As far as hacking goes, if you can customize quite a few aspects of your application using delegate classes without having to touch the code in the framework itself. That way it will remain compatible when it comes time to upgrade the framework. Upgrading is as easy as deleting the old one and replacing it with the new one.

Best regards

Steve
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Return to Xataface Developers