Dataface Distributions through various channels...

A place to discuss development of the Xataface core.

Postby Aoirthoir » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:35 pm

I am wondering about the possibility at some point of seeking arrangements with groups like the Ubuntu project, to distribute Dataface and Dataface apps. Someone seeking to install the basic LAMP from Ubuntu would be served well by having DF installed along with it. Then as we have a distribution method and standards for DFApps...they could be installed as well...

Just a thought.
Aoirthoir

Postby shannah » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:47 pm

Excellent thought.. I had been thinking of using PEAR as a distribution channel as it will handle installs quite easily. Similar results could probably be achieved with things like Ubuntu also - though I don't have much experience with those distros..
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Postby Aoirthoir » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:10 am

I want to put together a Puppy Linux distro too...it is just a matter of getting a good quality AMP to work on puppy...XAMPP does not work very well without a lot of forcing....

Going to install Ubuntu on my server here..I'm pretty well fed up with doze..definitely am at the conclusion that it is not a business OS at all..at home I never had so many problems as we have on the networks here..mostly related to running things to keep people from breaking in....no worries with linux
Aoirthoir

Return to Xataface Developers