Cuacho Resin Supports PHP 5 Now!!

A place to discuss development of the Xataface core.

Postby zopemgr » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:32 am

I ran across a Java implementation of PHP 5 on the Caucho Resin application server. It is not a complete implementation yet but word is (and theorectically too) that PHP will be able to run up to 6x faster on this server than on Apache because it gets compiled into java bytecode (and using JIT into machine code). In addition it will be easy to factor some bottlenecks out of the code and into Java code to obtain serious performance improvements.

I'll be playing around with this technology for a possible Dataface enterprise edition.

http://www.caucho.com/

I downloaded and installed Resin on my local box and it was quite easy - and it seemed very fast too.

Of course there are still some missing php apis so Dataface doesn't work on it yet, but I'll be working on that.
zopemgr

Postby cyberws » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:16 pm

We use APC which turns PHP into machine code and it runs uberfast. In fact APC will be part of PHP 6.0 and allows for full PHP support because it runs as part of PHP.

So see PHP accelerators to get PHP to run much faster as they store the compiled PHP scripts.
cyberws

Postby shannah » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:51 pm

Thanks for the post. APC certainly is a boon to PHP developers. I've been using it on my servers for the past couple of years with good results. Xataface is set up to take advantage of APC for caching configuration information if it detects that it is installed.
shannah

Return to Xataface Developers