Next release- 0.5.3

A place to discuss development of the Xataface core.

Postby shannah » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:15 am

I would like to release a new version this weekend. (version 0.5.3). In this version I have done some refactoring to move all of the add/edit/delete code inside the Dataface_IO class. I have also improved and standardized event triggers based on the following events.
beforeSave, afterSave
beforeInsert, afterInsert
beforeUpdate, afterUpdate
beforeAddRelatedRecord, afterAddRelatedRecord
beforeAddNewRelatedRecord, afterAddNewRelatedRecord
beforeAddExistingRelatedRecord, afterAddExistingRelatedRecord
beforeDelete, afterDelete

appropriate methods can be defined in the delegate class to implement event handlers for these events. I will need to add a section to the tutorial on event handling also.

One minor change is that I have added alternating background colors on rows in list view.

There are lots of other changes that need to be made, but I would like to get the event handling features out there before moving onto the next beasts: Permissions and Skins.

Is there anything that should absolutely be changed before a new release, or can I finish writing the tests for these, and pump these out?
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Postby shannah » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:19 pm

This release is now available for download.
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Postby shannah » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:40 pm

Nice! Are the installation details different now - there's no templates_c folder to muck with?
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Postby shannah » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:54 am

Don't know why all posts are showing up as written by me. Just for the record - I didn't write this last question. But I'll answer it.

Installation was not changed in 0.5.3 . There is still a templates_c folder to "muck" with. Although, the only thing to "muck" with is changing the permissions on it so that it is writable by the webserver. No matter what changes, this step will always be necessary in some form because smarty needs to have a directory to cache its templates. Open for suggestions on better solutions though.

-Steve
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Return to Xataface Developers