Dataface Dependencies

A place to discuss development of the Xataface core.

Postby Aoirthoir » Wed May 24, 2006 5:07 pm

Just a quick question about the dependencies. I realize that Dataface uses HTML Quickforms and Smarty Template Engine. I have printed out the documentation for Smarty (and of course of Dataface). Is there a location for the docs for HTML quickforms in either PDF, or all on one Web page. Also, are there other Dataface dependencies that I need to know about? Or other tools that Dataface makes use of that would be beneficial for me to learn?

As it is currently I have the following list:

1. Dataface
2. Smarty Template Engine
3. HTML QuickForms
4. PHP
(and to brush up on:)
5. HTML
6. CSS

Thanks for the input yall.
Aoirthoir

Postby shannah » Wed May 24, 2006 8:19 pm

Hi,

The best tutorial that I can find for HTML_QuickForm is at http://www.midnighthax.com/quickform.php . There are a few others as well if you do a google search. All of the libraries that Dataface depends on are located in the lib directory. There are a number of PEAR classes in there along with some Wysiwyg editor components. However you probably won't need to touch most of these. Your list above covers pretty much all of the stuff that you're likely to come in contact with as a Dataface user.

Best regards

Steve
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Postby Aoirthoir » Fri May 26, 2006 7:45 am

Thanks for the tip bro. I am going to be reviewing a lot of dataface over the weekend and I have lots and lots of comments to make. It is exactly the kind of thing Ive wanting for a long time. And the directions you are taking v.6 are even more so. BTW your documentation is excellent. A lot of tech guys write really bad explanations of how to accomplish anything in their products. So your dataface is good on multiple fronts, how it does what it does, what it does, and how you tell us how to make it do what it does.

Holler.
Aoirthoir

Return to Xataface Developers