0.6 features

A place to discuss development of the Xataface core.

Postby shannah » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:01 am

OK.. just to keep people up to date . The next release will be 0.6 . 0.5.4 will not be happening (except maybe for bug fix releases). The main thing that I am working on for the 0.6 release are:

1. modular actions.
2. permissions
3. internationalization
4. multi-lingualization
5. More customization options in ini files and delegate classes.

0.6 will contain a lot of rewritten code in the core so it will be released as a beta first as there may be some compatibility issues to deal with in upgrading from 0.5.3. It is certainly not my intention to break old applications but any time there is *this* much change in the code, we run that risk. Any incompatibilities found in the beta will be corrected and when it appears as though all compatibility issues have been dealt with, I will release a stable version.

0.5.3 will continue to be supported until a stable 0.6 is released. Primarily this will just mean "bug fixes".

I'm hoping for an early May release of 0.6 beta.

-Steve
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Postby shannah » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:40 pm

Sounds Great! The whole thing is a cool concept.

I was trying to play with it - under xampp, on a windows box.

But, even though it recognized the install - http://localhost/xampp/dataface/dataface_info.php told me it was installed correctly - I couldn't get makesite to work.

Would it be at all possible to give directions on using xampp on a windows platform, or, as a alternative, make a virtualmachine available? Bugzilla has one available which is a great way to try/test without getting into installation difficulties.

Rob
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Return to Xataface Developers