Does anyone use this?

A place to discuss and receive support for the Library DB application.

Does anyone use this?

Postby shannah » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:11 am

Librarian DB was originally developed for a Church to manage the books in its library. I decided to release it open source as sort of a demo of something that could be done in Xataface without too much difficulty.

Since the last official release (0.2) the script has undergone a number of improvements and feature additions but I quite frankly have had no time to release the changes (except in SVN if you work directly from there).

I now manage over 20 open source projects and simple maintenance things like packaging up new releases becomes quite time consuming and I don't have the ability to keep up with all that needs to be done so I'm faced with having to decide which projects I should direct my time to.

So this is an open question that I'll leave in this forum for the next few months. Does anyone use Librarian DB? If you do, please reply in this thread and let me know that you're using it and in what capacity you are using it.

If it turns out that nobody uses it, my decision of whether or not to retire it becomes an easy one. If there is a demand, I will continue to keep it out there and try to release updates.

Best regards

Steve
shannah

Re: Does anyone use this?

Postby sharonfdm » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:02 am

hi YESS i am using it for our school library I WOULD LOVE ASSISTANCE as i am trying to add sub categories!!! There is life out there using this program!! Thank you so much for sharing!
sharonfdm

Re: Does anyone use this?

Postby rlgriffo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:20 am

trying to!!
rlgriffo

Return to Library DB Discussion