Install problems

A place to discuss and receive support for the Library DB application.

Postby paulkruger » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:18 pm

When I log in first time to /librarian the index.php directs to install.php which says:

The installer cannot be run because the application has already been installed. conf.ini and config.ini.php both uploaded with correct database info for this application.

I have not run the installer yet??
paulkruger

Postby shannah » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:38 pm

Perhaps you mean "config.inc.php" and not "config.ini.php"?

1. Index page is redirecting to install because there is no file named config.inc.php.
2. Install page is reporting already installed because there is already a file named conf.ini.

Solutions:
1. Make sure that you have both config.inc.php and conf.ini file with correct settings
or
2. Remove both the config.inc.php file and the conf.ini file and run the installer.

-Steve
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Postby paulkruger » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:19 pm

Sorry...just can't get it to work.

I can get the install script to run when I remove the config files however I get this:

----
Installation succeeded with warnings

Please follow the instructions below to complete the installation.

Once installation is complete, Click here to access your application.
The following errors occurred

1. Failed to open conf.ini file for writing. Please copy and paste the specified contents into your conf.ini file or provide FTP connection information so that the installer can connect to the server via FTP and write to the conf.ini file.
2. Table 'books' already exists
3. Duplicate entry '1' for key 1
4. Table 'books_categories' already exists
5. Duplicate entry '1' for key 1
6. Table 'books_media' already exists
7. Duplicate entry '1' for key 1
8. Table 'users' already exists
9. Duplicate entry '4' for key 1

conf.ini Contents

Save the following into a file named 'conf.ini' in your application's directory to complete the installation.

---

Where I assume should be the conf.ini content the text box is blank. No matter how many times I try to manually edit the conf.ini file with the correct MySQL information (double and tripple checked the database info) I just get the original error saying the installation has already run. The FTP information I supplied is correct also.

I am just running around in circles.

I don't really need this application for an "actual use" but want to use it and the others to learn more about dataface. So far this one just will not cooperate for me.

P.
paulkruger

Postby shannah » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:38 pm

If the installer won't work for you you can just do a manual install. Basically that involves 2 things, and you have already done the first part.

1. Copy the conf.ini.dist file to conf.ini but alter the database connection information to work with your db.
2. Copy the config.inc.php.dist file to config.inc.php but alter the dataface paths to work with your server.

That will get you running. Not sure why the install wasn't running for you.. It didn't seem to be picking up the FTP info that you provided.. when i find time i'll look into it to see if I can reproduce the problem on my end.

-Steve
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Postby paulkruger » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:33 am

First problem I did not know about was that the new Plesk update has a bug and was truncating my SQL name/user/pass information so it would not work. That fixed I did the manual install. I double checked everything but all I get is a blank white page? Have done this a couple times, even deleting and recreating the database...same result. I just cannot get anything with the librarian program.

I really don't need it but did want to have some hands-on with dataface applications so am trying to insall all of the ones you have on a domain I can use to experiment.

The first time I installed was an experiment on the www.bidasis.com/webauction and it worked well and right away. ( that is were I have been talking about the reserve price ).

Some days my luck seems better than others. LOL

Thanks much for all your excellent feed back !
paulkruger

Postby shannah » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:34 pm

When you get a blank white page that generally means that a PHP error has occurred and it has probably written it to the error log. First place to check in these cases is your error log.

-Steve
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Postby ToucHDowN » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:11 pm

If the installer won't work for you you can just do a manual install. Basically that involves 2 things, and you have already done the first part.

>

1. Copy the conf.ini.dist file to conf.ini but alter the database connection information to work with your db.

>2. Copy the config.inc.php.dist file to config.inc.php but alter the dataface paths to work with your server.

>That will get you running. Not sure why the install wasn't running for you.. It didn't seem to be picking up the FTP info that you provided.. when i find time i'll look into it to see if I can reproduce the problem on my end.

>-Steve

I would like to confirm the problems of the above user. I've spent all Saturday trying to understand what am I doing wrong. But, I end with the prementioned results. Everything seem to have been installed properly but I get the "can't install since it's already installed' message.

I even tried to manually install, as you suggest, by copying the *.dist files on the conf.ini and conf.inc.php respectively.

As far as the conf.ini is concerned, after the copy-paste I now get the message:

Error loading config file. The database information was not entered correctly.
Please enter the database information int its own section of the config file as follows:

[_database]
host = localhost
user = foo
password = bar
name = database_name

I'm distressed and desperate. Could you please provide any help?

Thanks Steve.
ToucHDowN

Postby ToucHDowN » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:33 pm

Just before going to bed for good,

Here you have some more error messages (these appeared after I tried to manually install):

Warning: mkdir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 10095 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in /var/www/vhosts/(domain_info_omitted)/dataface/Dataface/Application.php on line 556

Warning: ini_set(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 10095 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in /var/www/vhosts/(domain_info_omitted)/dataface/Dataface/Application.php on line 557

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/vhosts/(domain_info_omitted)/dataface/Dataface/Application.php:556) in /var/www/vhosts/(domain_info_omitted)/dataface/Dataface/Application.php on line 559

Warning: Smarty error: problem writing temporary file '/var/www/vhosts/(domain_info_omitted)/templates_c/default/wrt46abde5db7a95' in /var/www/vhosts/(domain_info_omitted)/dataface/lib/Smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1088

Warning: fetch(): Unable to access /var/www/vhosts/(domain_info_omitted)/templates_c/default/%%DF^DF9^DF9221C1%%browse_by_cat.html.php in /var/www/vhosts/(domain_info_omitted)/dataface/lib/Smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1251

Warning: fetch(/var/www/vhosts/(domain_info_omitted)/templates_c/default/%%DF^DF9^DF9221C1%%browse_by_cat.html.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/(domain_info_omitted)/dataface/lib/Smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1251

Warning: fetch(): Unable to access /var/www/vhosts/(domain_info_omitted)/templates_c/default/%%DF^DF9^DF9221C1%%browse_by_cat.html.php in /var/www/vhosts/(domain_info_omitted)/dataface/lib/Smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1251

Warning: fetch(/var/www/vhosts/(domain_info_omitted)/templates_c/default/%%DF^DF9^DF9221C1%%browse_by_cat.html.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/(domain_info_omitted)/dataface/lib/Smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1251

Warning: fetch(): Failed opening '/var/www/vhosts/(domain_info_omitted)/templates_c/default/%%DF^DF9^DF9221C1%%browse_by_cat.html.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/var/www/vhosts/(domain_info_omitted)/dataface:/var/www/vhosts/(domain_info_omitted)/dataface/lib:') in /var/www/vhosts/(domain_info_omitted)/dataface/lib/Smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1251

Inside the /templates_c directory now (which is already 777) there are these two (0-byte) files:

(exactly as you see them/read them)

wrtRXqJcH
wrtxFtuAc

Going insane...
ToucHDowN

Postby shannah » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:59 pm

Unfortunately Dataface has issues with Safe mode.

http://framework.weblite.ca/forum/webauction/672418112
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Return to Library DB Discussion