Next release

A place to discuss and receive support for LCMS (Little Content Management System)

Next release

Postby njw » Sat May 17, 2008 11:46 pm

I totally understand the pressure you've been under with the the Dataface/Xataface issue - not to mention the day job.

However, do you have a timeframe for the next release of LCMS?

Many thanks

Neil
njw

Postby shannah » Mon May 19, 2008 11:46 am

Hi Neil,

Are there any features in particular that you are looking for in a new release? I have set up a number of sites based on LCMS and have made quite a few expansions upon it, but haven't taken the time to normalize them into a release.

I was planning on re-releasing all of the xataface apps over the next while with xataface bundled (to save people from having to download it separately), but such a release wouldn't necessarily offer any new features.

-Steve
shannah

Mostly out of interest

Postby njw » Tue May 20, 2008 12:10 am

Easier ways to get submenus would be nice; having the error page work; integrated forms; ability to have draft and production content on the same site.

Thanks

Neil
njw

Postby shannah » Tue May 20, 2008 10:55 am

Easier ways to get submenus

I have implemented a navigation menu feature on one of the sites that works for submenus... I suppose it wouldn't be hard to tie this into the distribution.

having the error page work

Ah.. yes. I'll see about incorporating this.

integrated forms

How do you see this feature working?

ability to have draft and production content on the same site.

I have also implemented this in some of my sites so it won't be hard to roll it into the distribution.

Perhaps June or July for a release with these features.

-Steve
shannah

Integrated forms

Postby njw » Wed May 21, 2008 1:40 am

The ability to easily set up a form that posts the entered data to a table within the database and/or emails it somewhere. Basically, looking to take away the need to program the field and data handling. Examples would be a feedback form or a questionaire.

I know this is probably simple stuff, but I am conscious that I do not know enough PHP to be confident that I am not leaving a security hole.

It's not a big issue if it's a significant amount of work, because I know I can use questionnaire packages - just looking for a simple way to do simple stuff.

LCMS still looks good and modern - even more if I got around to using cleverer graphics!

Many thanks

Neil
[/list]
njw

Return to LCMS Discussion