An irritation

A place to discuss and receive support for LCMS (Little Content Management System)

Postby njw » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:46 am

I have included javascript in some pages (to make email addresses more difficult to collect for spammers, for example). When I edit the page, chunks of text get added to the lefthand column making the editing area much smaller. Any idea why this is happening - and if so, how to fix it?

Many thanks

Neil
njw

Postby shannah » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:05 am

Hmm.. what kind of text gets added to the left column.Ê Is it text that is part of the edit form?ÊÊ I have had things like this happen to me before too, but I never took the time to investigate closer to find out what it is.Ê It could be FCKEditor having trouble with javascript in the pages.Ê Generally a close look at the HTML source for the page reveals the problem (an unclosed tag usually...).Ê Once we see where this unclosed tag is, I can look into how to fix it.ÊÊ If you can send me the HTML source for one of the pages in question, I can take a look.

-Steve
--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Postby njw » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:20 am

I've emailed you two pdfs that show the HTML code and the error itself.

Thanks Steve
njw

Postby shannah » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:42 am

Ah, yes.Ê This is a glitch with the tree menu.Ê It is from my not properly encoding data that I shove into javascript variables (i need to strip out the returns first).Ê I'll try to fix this issue for the next dataface release, but in the mean time, the workaround is to just disable the tree menu.Ê This can be done using the show_record_tree preference option.

http://framework.weblite.ca/documentation/manual/conf_ini/prefs

Best regards

Steve

--
Steve Hannah
@shannah78 (on twitter)
sjhannah.com blog
shannah

Postby njw » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:14 am

Thanks Steve.
njw

Return to LCMS Discussion